Friday 21 August 2015

Saturday 11th July

7:20pm

This morning we were back up to the kindergarten site for more mixing and laying cement. I was banned from manual labour for the morning though as a precaution, so instead I was chief encourager and nagger, checking whether everyone was okay, taking enough breaks and drinking enough water, and filling up their bottles for them whenever required. At first I felt like a bit of a spare part, but everyone said that I was actually really helpful, so it wasn't too bad.
     There was one very funny moment in the morning when me and several of the others went down to the existing kindergarten to go to the toilet. We were just about to head back when a sudden swarm of wasps appeared that we really didn't like the look of... There was nothing else for it but for all of us to squeeze into the tiny toilet together (which didn't smell too good either) until the wasps had passed!!
     Just before heading back for lunch we all put our handprints and wrote our names in the still-wet concrete. It's really nice to know that my name will still be there for years to come!
     Despite doing everything I could to prevent it, I started to feel really dizzy and faint again after lunch, but luckily I became aware of it in time, so I got help (which included a lot more water and ice packs...again...) and managed to fight it, gradually cooling down again. However, that meant that I was off of project work for the afternoon once more, so for the second afternoon in a row I spent it resting in camp while the others went back to work. I got a bit annoyed with myself, but when the others came back they were all well and truly worn out, so it probably was for the best.
     In the evening, it was hinted that I should check my envelope. In it I found loads of lovely messages from the rest of the group, all supporting me and offering me a helping hand. It was enough to make me cry - they were good tears though!! - because it was so nice of everyone, and I'm so thankful that everyone here is so understanding.






No comments:

Post a Comment